Emulating the Reciva Radio Hardware
This emulation project was started in the footsteps of a similar project on the Freecom Musicpal. This is just a working notes area at the moment.
Building the Emulator
Special Bits On a Windows Platform
- Download (from http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml) and install MinGW into c:\mingw
- Download (from http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml) and install MSys-Basic into c:\msys
- Make sure that cygwin is not in the path. Its probably a good idea to set your own path up by editing MSys.bat:
- You will need to rin the MSys.bat as the administrator, so that the installs can take place.
- Also, I found on Vista that in order to be able to run programs as the Administrator, a modification to the shell searching in msys.bat is also required:
c: cd \msys if EXIST bin
ul cd bin
if EXIST rxvt.exe goto startrxvt if EXIST sh.exe goto startsh
- Finally, there is an issue with softlinks on MinGW - it does not support them. QEMU's configure has a problem creating the arm-softmmu makefile. Need to edit configure to change the ln command to a cp command:
# # don't use ln -sf as not all "ln -sf" over write the file/link # rm -f $target_dir/Makefile cp -f $source_path/Makefile.target $target_dir/Makefile
- Download SDL from http://www.libsdl.org/index.php (I'm using version 1.2.13)
- Download ZLib from http://www.zlib.net/ (I'm using version 1.2.3)
- Download QEmu from http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/download.html (I'm using version 0.9.1)
- tar -xzf SDL-1.2.13.tar.gz
- tar -xzf zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz
- tar -xzf qemu-0.9.1.tar.gz
Compiling Library Files
Note that the make install part of these steps needs to be run as root / administrator
- cd SDL-1.2.13 ; ./configure ; make ; make install ; cd ..
- cd zlib-1.2.3 ; ./configure --prefix=/mingw ; make ; make install ; cd ..
- <<reciva patches go here>>
- cd qemu-0.9.1
- mkdir install_dir
- ./configure --static --target-list="arm-softmmu" --prefix="install_dir" --enable-adlib
- make install
- cp ../SDL-1.2.13/build/.libs/SDL.dll install_dir
Thanks to info from: